Please note that this programme has now closed.
Heritage Futures is the new exhibition at Manchester Museum that asks how we can shape the future and explores four key themes:
Alongside the Heritage Futures exhibition, the Museum has created a dedicated space, the Heritage Futures Studio, where we will explore new ways of working with people to help shape the future.
What can the Museum do to help create the Future?
Share your ideas with us
Manchester Museum is looking to support new programmes, projects or events that respond to Heritage Futures and we are inviting community groups, creative practitioners and researchers to put forward their ideas.
We are interested in ideas that are original, ambitious in scale, or would allow you to try something new, and are keen to support people who might not have delivered events before. We are looking to support applications that meet the following criteria:
- Respond to any of the four Heritage Futures themes.
- Reflect our values and ambition to become the UK’s most caring, imaginative and accessible museum.
- Contribute to our vision to build a sustainable future and understanding between cultures.
What we are offering:
- A simple application process with minimal paper work and a speedy response.
- The option to apply for a small grant of up to £1,000 to support the development and delivery of your idea.
- Support from a member of our team to help you to work on your idea and manage the financial side of things.
The application process:
- We are keen to discuss ideas and answer any questions before you submit an application.
- Please contact Anna Bunney by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0161 306 1581.
- We are running a number of Heritage Studio Information Sessions at Manchester Museum. Please feel free to drop by or email Anna to find out more:
- Thursday 31 January: 5-7pm
- Wednesday 13 February: 3-4pm
- Monday 18 February: 11am-12noon
- Saturday 9 March: 11am-2pm
- Applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis and a decision will be made by a team from across the Museum, based on the criteria set out above.
- We will contact all applicants with our decision within six weeks of an application being submitted.
- To apply, please complete and submit our short online application form or alternatively, download the form here.